I served bbq brisket on slider rolls with a side of the full of fat mac n' cheese. It was a very filling football Sunday!
Adapted recipe from All Recipes: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/busy-day-barbeque-brisket/
I made these changes and would recommend them to others:
Dry Rub: I did not use cayenne pepper because our bbq sauce had a little kick and some people don't like so much spice. I also don't have onion powder, so we didn't use this. I sliced up one whole onion and laid this on the bottom of the crockpot. The onion caramelized in the sauce and fit right in!
Worcestshire Sauce: I did not use this because there is enough flavor and salt in the bbq sauce that we bought pre-made. I don't think it's needed at all.
Liquid Smoke: I did not use this and it was not needed with the smoky bbq sauce.
Tips:
Remove the meat from the crockpot when it's done cooking and pull it apart using two forks. You may need to slice it up first. Using a small measuring cup/spoon, scoop out the top fat layer of the sauce. Another way to do this is to put the gravy in a container and put it in the fridge. The fat will harden on the top and you can easily scrape it off and toss it. You will mix the gravy back in with the shredded meat, and keep the crockpot on low or warm to serve it to your guests.
I'll definitely try making another brisket in the crockpot! It was well worth the minimal amount of effort : )
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment