Monday, October 29, 2012

Full of Fat Mac N Cheese

I am going to steal Sarah Beatty's term and call this the "Full of Fat Mac N Cheese" recipe.  It may be full of fat, but it's great comfort food for a big dinner or football party. 

I followed Barefoot Contessa's Recipe: 

Changes: 

Milk:  I used skim milk instead of whole. 

Cheese: I used 2 cups of gouda, 2 cups cheddar and 2 cups of gruyere.  

Comments: 

I thought this was a delicious and filling comfort food. I wouldn't recommend it as a weekly side dish, but it was great for a football party! My only comment is that the recipe says the milk will be "smooth and thicker" when mixed in with the flour/butter mixture.  It doesn't ever really look "thick."  It appears to be a lot of milk, but once you mix in the cheese and pasta, it reduces.  Then when you bake it, all the milk absorbs and you are left with a creamy mac n' cheese.


No comments: